Saturday night we prepared a Korean BBQ feast for our friends. This is Kalbi - which is grilled short ribs. I ran out of kimchee for the photo! Traditionally, you take a lettuce leaf, place rice, a piece of meat and kimchee, roll it up and eat. I enjoy using seasoned seaweed instead of the lettuce. I love the crunch and saltiness of the seaweed! Recipe will come soon.
I'm using my new macro lens that my husband bought for me for Christmas. I still have to work on the lighting. My next purchase will probably be some lights on a stand so that I can control the shadows and highlights better. I would have liked to get the grains of rice in the shot better, but the sunlight-through-window created a glare on the white rice. And darn! This pic would have been perfect with some kimchee but my friend Mac chowed down! This pic was taken the next day after our dinner.
The biggest challenge I'm facing is once I'm done preparing a meal, its TIME TO EAT! Not time to take out the camera and fiddle with the zoom and fuss about the lighting. So half the time I forgot to take the picture, and the other half of the time, there aren't any LEFTOVERS to take a pic of. I had also made Chap Chae (Korean noodle dish), but didn't have any left to photograph. I'm going to have to re-think my whole food photography strategy!

