Saturday, March 31, 2007

DAN! DAN!

"Andrew, what does a firetruck say?"

"Wooowooowooowooo DAN! DAN! Wooowooowooowoo!"

I kept asking Andrew who is the hell is Dan? Is he the fireman? Is he the dispatcher? What does he look like? I meditated on it. I woke up in the middle of the night wondering who is Dan. I asked God who he was. Buddha didn't know either.

Then, DUH! DUH! I got it.

You see, the DAN! DAN! is the horn thingy that the firetrucks sound off in between the sirens. Of course you knew that.

The only explanation that I can come up with on WHY IT TOOK ME 5 DAYS TO FIGURE OUT was we never had DAN! DAN! growing up. And the ONLY time I was ever asked "What does a firetruck say?" was when I was a kid. Its just not a topic of conversation during fine cocktail hour.

Thats my explanation and I'm stickin' to it.