Its finished! and its PERFECT! Its a yummy soft sweater knit from Rowan Cashsoft DK - the color is called "Donkey" - therefore the sweater is called Andrew's Donkey Sweater.
I haven't sewn the buttons on yet, for the picture I just put them in place.
The pattern is from book "Natural Knits for Babies and Toddlers." Originally, the pattern called for different yarn with different guage, and it was sized for 18mo toddler.
Spunky Clara from my local yarn shop helped me resize it to use this yarn and for a 4 year old. For the first time, I finally feel comfortable kntting and understanding the construction process. I used to follow a pattern line by line, praying that the end result would look something like the photo.
Now, I can knit and understand why I am knitting each stitch - and can see the construction in progress. Its so cool that I'm creating clothing and not just spending $40 at Gymboree for clothes! Hopefully, my kids will appreciate that their mother hand-made this sweater and not toss in the Goodwill pile after I'm long gone.
I have this fancy dream that this Donkey Sweater will be passed on from generation to generation, each time lovingly wrapped and presented to the next "Hair" rugrat down the line. Maybe, just maybe each generation will treasure my hand-made creations....and tell stories of old "Gramma Jaden" and how she used to spend all of the family's grocery money on yarn.

