Monday, September 04, 2006

WIP: Andrew's quilt



We went to Super Ghetto-Mart (Wal-mart) today and Andrew saw this train fabric in the craft section. He grabbed the whole bolt of fabric and hugged it. When I tried to pry it from his greasy french-fry stained hands, he pitched a massive fit in the middle of the store. Two hunched backed pruny grandmas looked over and said, "oh how cute, he wants you to make him a quilt for nap-time! what a smart boy!"

Shit.

How the hell was I supposed to respond to that? I shot them a dirty look, grabbed the bolt and threw it in the cart. So, basically I was guilted by granny trannies at ghetto-mart. Andrew picked himself off the floor and I swore he gave me a triumphant smirk.

Oh yeah....I have a renewed faith in mankind. (cue in the trumpets and heavenly harps)

In my daze this morning, I left my driver-side door WIDE-OPEN in the super ghetto-mart parking lot. An hour later, I returned and found the door open. Nothing was stolen!! Not even my MP3 player, not even the 53 cents in change, not even the Thomas the Tank Engine DVD!!! (well, I wouldn't have minded if someone took the DVD because I am SO SO SO sick of listening to it) God bless America!