Dear boys,
Wow, what a month. Both of you have graduated from your class and moved to the next one. When I dropped you off the "first" day of school - I teared up thinking how fast you boys are growing. And just yesterday, Dad and I were in the car and he said "Can you believe we've lived here for almost 4 years?" Holy cow. We aren't newlyweds anymore! You boys aren't babies anymore. We are real, responsible parents of 2 kids! Who knew this day would come when I would embrace the identity of "MOT" Mother of Two. I'm getting old. Though thank goodness PoPo doesn't have very many gray hairs and she still looks 40-ish. Maybe she dyes the hair, but still, she looks good for being a Grand-ma!
Nathan you can name every single stinkin' train in your Thomas the Tank Engine book. You, a little 1 year old, who only knows a small handful of words such as "No! Mine!" can identify every train. Every single night we read this same book.
Every. Single. Night.
While I am SO proud of you, we need to get some variety in your nightly book ritual. There are only so many times I can look at cartoon trains with awkward, unanimated faces before I go absolutely nuts. How about classics like Holly Hobby? Hello Kitty? Can we vary the car/train/airplane/dump truck thing with splashes of more interesting subjects that would satisfy my inner desire to have a little girl? Your Dad would kill me.
Your favorite Thomas the Train characters:
"Heli-cocker" for Helicopter (Andrew used to say "heli-ta-ta"
"To-nas" for Thomas
"Tob-ee" for Toby
"Mur-na" for Murdoch
"Cran-o" for Crane
"Train-o" for Train
Somehow, you've gotten into the habit of adding "o" to end of words that don't need it. Just fyi, there is no part of you that is Spanish.
Just the other night you said "Ni-Ni Pa-Pa" (Night Night PaPa) I was so proud of you. You also love it when I hold you tight and say "baby baby baby." Lately, when I put you down in your crib, you want me to stay in the room until you fall asleep. Every time it gets too quiet for too long, you'll pop your head up, glance to make sure that Mommy is still in the room...and if I'm not...you jump up and scream LOUD! Maybe I should just buy one of those life sized blow up dolls, put a wig on it and sit it on the chair. We could call her "Mini-Ma."
Another cute thing you say is when Andrew does something bad to you, you say with your finger wagging "No No. Nee-Ni!" (be nice)
Andrew- oh my. You are such a big boy now! It amazes me all the new words, expressions and sentence structures you come home with everyday!
Your latest thing:
"Mommy, I'm browing (growing). My heads browing, my eye brows browing, my feet browing, my knees browing, my belly browing, my pee-pee browing...my... "
WHOA. Out of all possible body parts that you know....you specifically call out your pee-pee! Thats too cute.
Andrew, the drooling, barefoot firefighter (thank you Uncle Jay!)
Your 3rd birthday was fun! We went to G.Wiz the science museum. They had a special dinosaur exhibit. You got to push lots of buttons and watch the dinos animate. Mommy thought to be clever with a dinosaur theme, and got green balloons, little tiny plastic dinosaurs and stuck the dinos in the balloons, blew them up so that they were "dino eggs". I let you guys sit on the balloons and pop them and "hatch" the plastic dinos.
Well, clever Ma Ma wasn't clever enough to think about how those hard plastic dinos would hurt baby bums once you guys sat, jumped HARD on those balloons to pop them, and land with a "THUMP" on top of a spiny dino. OUCH! There's nothing like spiny dino poking your butt. And yes, all you kids did look a little ridiculous sitting on the balloons as if giving birth to a 2-inch plastic dinosaur.
Also, I think we traumatized baby Joshua Holler. Right after we popped the dino eggs, we sang happy birthday.
SO...now, Joshua associates loud balloon popping (about 20 of them) with singing happy birthday. Well, everytime anyone sings happy birthday now, Joshua screams in terror, frantically looking to hide. Joshua's daddy teases! He says to us "Look, watch what happens to Joshua when we sing."
"Joshua.....happy birt.."
"WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
"hahahaha!"
Thats mean! But hopefully he'll get over it. Because I would hate to be the cause of tens of thousands of dollars of therapy in 10 years.
Here are pictures from your birthday parties! Click here
